Victoria Niamh is an influencer and self development coach who advocates for body confidence to her 129k followers, after her near death experience battling with Anorexia, Orthorexia and Depression. Victoria uses her platform to help break the stigma around mental health. In this episode of the podcast, Victoria opens up on how her professional dance background from as young as 4 years old led to her perfectionism mentality.
After years of chasing the ‘perfect’ body Victoria was diagnosed with Anorexia, Orthorexia and Depression at age 18. She used Instagram as a diary to document her recovery for the past 6 years. Victoria is now on her road to recovery, helping herself and over 100,000 women. Victoria founded The Glow up Project which aims to inspire women to understand that the real glow up is an inside job.
TW: Eating disorders and mental health
In this episode we discuss:
- Victoria’s mental health and eating disorder battle
- How competitive dance from age 4 led to her darkest times
- Personal experience on grief
- Developing her mindset and business
- Financial struggles in her early twenties
- Her biggest lesson in her twenties
- The challenges she feels are sometimes holder her back
- Her mission to help women step into their power