Olivia Hanlon – Girls In Marketing
From An Idea To A Profitable Business
Olivia Hanlon founded Girls in Marketing as a community initiative on social media in 2019. The idea came from a personal struggle to connect with other women working in the industry so Olivia created the community as a place to meet other marketers.
Girls in Marketing is an e-learning platform and community on a mission to bridge the digital skills gap and equalise gender seniority in marketing.
In this episode of the podcast we chat to Olivia about how to take an idea that you are passionate about and turn it into a profitable business.
In this episode we discuss:
- Recap on our episode back in July 2020 – where Olivia was at with Girls In Marketing at that time
- How the friendship between Gaby and Olivia has grown since then
- Where Olivia is with the business now including 5+ employees, membership, events, investment
- Looking back at the initial stages of coming up with the idea
- Steps Olivia took to actually put things in to practice and make her idea a reality
- Olivia’s investment journey
- Olivia’s journey as a manager and employer
- What Olivia wishes she’d known sooner in business
- Where Olivia sees GiM going and her future in business
- The biggest financial challenge for Olivia as a business owner – tips for other aspiring entrepreneurs.
- Her biggest lesson in her twenties
- The challenges she feels are sometimes holding her back
- Olivia’s advice to her 20 year old self