Life lessons. Our twenties are full of them! Here are 25 life lessons from Phoebe, one of our Talk Twenties ambassadors.
1. Listen more, talk less. You will learn so much more.
2. When entering a friendship, a relationship, or even going on a first date, instead of thinking "I hope that person likes me", think "I hope I like them". A relationship has everything to do with compatibility and nothing to do with your worth as a person!
3. Allow yourself downtime. Hustling sounds sexy, but burning out from it sure isn’t. Let yourself relax and be human, instead of churning the work out and never prioritizing sleep and enjoyment!
4. Take everyone’s opinions with a mountain of salt and only take advice from people who have done what it is that you want to do.
5. You’re allowed to say no to things that don’t align with your beliefs, values or goals.
6. Everyone is a beginner once - so start that thing you’ve been putting off because you worry you might suck at it! We all have to start somewhere.
7. Never underestimate the power of consistency.
8. It is ALWAYS better to be single than be in a relationship that doesn’t enrich your life.
9. You are under no obligation to be the same person you were 5 years ago, last year or last week!
10. No job should be valued above your mental health.
11. Learn a new language and you’ll learn a new way of life. Live abroad, even if it’s just once!
12. Your mindset is more powerful than you'll ever know, so cultivate a strong, positive one.
13. Don’t apologise if it’s not your mistake. Try: thanks for rectifying that.
14. Give back to others with your time, money or belongings. Even 5 minutes or £5 could mean the world to someone else.
15. Work on things that can’t be taken away from you; like your character, confidence and personality.
16. Learn how to manage your money. The sooner you do, the sooner you can afford the bottomless brunches, the trips and whatever else makes you happy.